Advantage: Choose your environment more easily (Develop, Production, etc...) when your job is ready.
If you want, use a context with autocomplete : CTRL + ESPACE
Create a group of context
In the repository:
- Right click on the "Context"
- Click on "Create a group of context"
- Add your context's name
- Click on "Next"
- Add your variables (Name, Type and value)
- Add your different environment
- Click on "Finish"
Add a group of context
When you create a Talend job:
- Click on tab "Contexts"
- Click on this icon
- Select your context
- Check if your context is ok
Example: Use Context
- Add a component
- Double click on the component
If you need, you can use context's variables like this: context.nameVariable
Choose your context when you execute your job
In the "Execute" tab:
- Choose your environment on the drop-down menu (to the right) : Develop, Production, etc.